This one was a doozy. I really struggled with the majority of this section, and had to find help online to do many of the lessons.
One thing I really noticed with the structure of the lessons in this section was that they gave way less helpful info when introducing the concepts. fCC is really trying to make their coders independent and resourceful and that intention came through in this section.
I do feel that a lot more could have been explained, or elaborated on, or perhaps just reworded, to make it clearer what we were supposed to do. A few times when I googled what to do, it was actually much easier than I had thought based on the wording of the lesson.
- I like If/Else If statements
- I like bracket notation and indexes
- I like functions
- I like the strict equality operator (because it feels silly to type === and have it actually mean something)
- I like for loops (even though they were some of the most difficult lessons!)
- And I really like inverting regular expressions (like using \S to find all the non-whitespace characters in a string)
I really feel accomplished after finishing this section. Partly because it was a big section and took a long time. Mostly because it was hard and I did it anyway.